Professional Waiter’s adviceApril 4, 2019
Catering an event waitressOctober 14, 2019
How do my wedding?
- Seasonal wedding – Everyone wants their wedding food to be absolutely perfect, and what’s more perfect than serving your guests deliciously seasonal food? Keeping it seasonal will ensure your menu is cost effective and also means you’re getting the ingredients at their best. A seasonal menu will make sure you are off to a good start.
- Budget – Having a food budget is very important for your wedding breakfast, not only for you but also for the caterer. Any caterer can prepare brilliant menus at all budgets, once disclosed you can let the caterer present different, fun and exciting options to choose from.
- Theme Maybe? – Adding a slight theme to your wedding is what really makes it special for you as you can stamp some individuality on your day, and having the food and catering match your vision will make your day extraordinary.
- Tot Up The Numbers – This is undoubtedly one of the most important things to know when planning your catering; how many people are going to be there. Smaller weddings mean you can afford to be a bit more adventurous and extravagant with how much you’re spending per person, whereas a larger wedding often works brilliantly with delicious sharing platters or a buffet.
- Dietary Requirements – It’s very important to check on your guests dietary requirements when asking for the RSVP. We get lots of comments on how brilliant the vegetarian or gluten free options were, and all caterers will know how to spoil these guests as well.
- Feed Your Suppliers – It’s your wedding, and the people who are supplying the music and taking the photos are there to put the icing on the cake (not literally, leave that to us caterers). However it’s important not to forget that these lovely people need feeding too.
- Sharing is Caring – It’s a well-known saying, and one that is particularly relevant at bigger weddings, “sharing is caring”. Plenty of your favourite meals can be made bigger and into sharing dishes.
- The Finishing Touches – Adding the finishing touches to your wedding really makes a difference to the overall feel; they’re what people notice and what they remember. Adding a simple bow to the back of your chairs would grab someone’s eye, and your food shouldn’t be any different. Little additions here and there can leave a great lasting impression.
- A Midnight Snack – We’ve all been there; after a long night of dancing and drinking there’s nothing better than the wafting smell of a bacon and brioche bun or slow roasted pork bun on offer. Weddings are no different; it’s becoming a common thing (and so it should!) People love these fun food offerings, so make sure you leave enough in your budget for these night time nibbles.
To find out more about booking a professional, reputable caterer for any private or corporate events in London, talk to Ubancatering today.
Call us today on 0800 368 7446