Waiter’s Advice for ProfessionalNovember 4, 2019
Tips for a professional waiter?
- Do not ever say, “Good choice”, this phrase is usually implying that other choices are bad.
- Do not call a woman “lady”, instead of this word use “madam”.
- It is not in a professional the waiter that eat or drink in plain view of guests.
- By saying, “No problem” it is a problem. It has a hidden meaning of insincerity or sarcasm. Instead of “No problem” use phrases like “My pleasure” or “You’re welcome”, they sound way better to everyone.
- Be very careful and elegant and do not bang into chairs or tables when passing by.
- Never touch a customer no matter what. Do not brush them, move them, wipe them or dust them or anything that is involving touching.
- Do not pop a champagne cork, this looks festive only in movies. Remove it quietly, gracefully. The less noise the better.
- Do not put your hands all over the spout of a wine bottle while removing the cork, it doesn’t look gracious and it is not hygienic.
- Never mention what your favorite food or dessert is. It’s irrelevant for anybody.
- Do not curse under any circumstances, no matter how young or hip the guests.
- Do not discuss your own eating habits, be you vegan or lactose intolerant or diabetic.
- Do not stand behind someone who is ordering, always make eye contact with all the guests. Thank him or her.
- Make sure you will bring all the appetizers at the same time, or do not bring the appetizers. Same with entrees and desserts.
- Do not show frustration, your only mission is to serve. Be patient, it is not easy.
- Do not play an entire CD of any artist ever. If someone doesn’t like Frank Sinatra or Michael Bublé, you have just ruined a meal.
To find out more about booking a professional, reputable caterer for any private or corporate events in London, talk to Ubancatering.com today.
Call us today on 0800 368 7446