About PolandOctober 16, 2019
Waiter’s Professional.February 26, 2020
Waiter’s tips to be a professional.
1. Never drink alcohol on the job, even if invited by the guests. “Not when I’m on duty” it is enough.
- Never reek from perfume or cigarettes. People want to smell the food and beverage.
- Do not have a personal conversation with another server within earshot of customers. It is not professional.
- Do not say anything after a tip, be it good, bad, indifferent , except “Thank you very much.”
- Do not refill a coffee cup just because you have seen it empty. Ask if the guest desires a refill.
- Do not serve salad on a freezing cold plate. It usually shows the fact that it has not been freshly prepared and it has been refrigerated.
- Do not ask if someone is finished when others are still eating that course. Wait for everybody to finish.
- Do not disappear. This is annoying for the guests, because they are looking for you everywhere and they can’t find you.
- If there is a prix fixe, let guests know about it. Do not force anyone to ask for the “special” menu. It is just a menu not a must.
10. Do not reach across one guest to serve another. No professional does this and is rude.
To find out more about booking a professional, reputable caterer for any private or corporate events in London, talk to Ubancatering.com today.
Call us today on 0800 368 7446